and receive exclusive recipes and my latest vegan dishes and news.
Sweet vegan blueberry yoghurt pancakes with almonds
You will only need 10 minutes and you should be able to get all ingredients in your local supermarket.
INGREDIENTS (2 pancakes):
- 1/4 cup of self raising wholemeal flour
- 1/4 cup of gram flour (chickpea flour)
- 3/4 Cup of soy milk or any plant-based milk
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup soy yoghurt (plain, not sweet, if you go for the sweet one don't use any more sugar) If you don't like soy yoghurt you could make your own sweet cashew creme instead, it's really quick and delicious (click here for recipe).
- 1/3 cup toasted flaked almonds
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 2 tsp icing sugar and a bit more to sprinkle over the sweet pancakes
- Optional but recommended: some lemon zest and the vanilla of half a vanilla pod
Either whisk all pancake ingredients in a bowl or if you feel lazy like me just combine then in a small blender. Add some oil to a non-stick pan (make sure the whole surface is covered, you can spread the oil in the pan with a kitchen towel), switch the hob to medium heat and pour half of the mixture into the pan. Make sure it's only a thin layer. Fry on both sides (flip them like you would with pancakes).
When they are done put them on a flat surface. Mix the filling ingredients together and add it to the middle of the pancake. Fold over the top of the pancake and roll it in. Sprinkle some icing super on top and serve with some more blueberries on the side.
If you would like to try savoury pancakes then check out this avocado, dill courgettes and hummus pancake recipe.
More Vegan Baking, Desserts & Vegan Ice Cream recipes