and receive exclusive recipes and my latest vegan dishes and news.
SWEET POTATO HUMMUS
- 2 x 400g cans of chickpeas (roughly 2x 240g drained)
- 4 tsp tahini
- garlic powder (you can also use garlic paste, I prefer those rather than fresh garlic as the flavour can be too overpowering)
- 1.5 tsp sea salt
- 6 tbsp quality extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 normal size sweet potato
Peel the sweet potato, cut into chunks and cook until soft. Add the sweet potato, drained chickpeas and all other ingredients into a food processor and process. You might have to add some water to get the right consistency. Depending on the sweetness of the sweet potato you might have to add some more salt. Serve on a slice of fresh bread.
More Dips, Sauces & Cheese