and receive exclusive recipes and my latest vegan dishes and news.
SWEET POTATO HUMMUS
18 May 2016
A deliciously easy variation for the hummus connoisseur. Hummus is really a staple food for me, I love all varieties. When I found out you can add another level of flavour to it I couldn’t get enough of it!
- 2 x 400g cans of chickpeas (roughly 2x 240g drained)
- 4 tsp tahini
- garlic powder (you can also use garlic paste, I prefer those rather than fresh garlic as the flavour can be too overpowering)
- 1.5 tsp sea salt
- 6 tbsp quality extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 normal size sweet potato
Peel the sweet potato, cut into chunks and cook until soft. Add the sweet potato, drained chickpeas and all other ingredients into a food processor and process. You might have to add some water to get the right consistency. Depending on the sweetness of the sweet potato you might have to add some more salt. Serve on a slice of fresh bread.
More Vegan Dips, Sauces & Cheese recipes