Oat veggie patties
This is perfect for when you have some cooked leftover potatoes and don’t know what to do with them.
INGREDIENTS (6 patties):
- 1 leek chopped finely
- 1 medium size carrot grated
- 1 medium size courgette grated
- 150g cooked potatoes (ideally salad potatoes or any dense variety like Jersey Royal potatoes)
- 1 1/2 cups of oats (gluten-free or normal)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder/granules
- 1 tsp mixed herbs or herbs of your choice
- Vegan dairy-free cashew sour cream (recipe here)
Boil 150g of potatoes (with skin or without, it's up to you) until they get soft enough to mash. Let them cool down or let some cool water run over them (make sure they don't absorb too much moisture though).
Finely grate one carrot and one courgette and put aside.
Then chop of 1 leek and fry in a bit of oil until it browns a bit.
Put the potatoes into a large bowl and start mashing them. Then add the carrot, courgette, leeks and all other ingredients apart from the cashew sour cream and mix together well until you get a dough like consistency.
Form round patties with your hand and fry in a bit of oil. Serve with cashew sour cream and a nice salad on the side. Enjoy!
And if you liked these oat patties why not try my carrot, red pepper and rosemary oat patties. Find the recipe here.