and receive exclusive recipes and my latest vegan dishes and news.
Veggie pizza with sunflower seed cheese
INGREDIENT (1 piza):
- Plain pizza base (I bought a ready-made one that was chilled, not frozen - for frozen pizza bases you might have to adjust your baking time)
- 1 1/2 - 2 tbsp tomato paste
- Some extra virgin olive oil
- Garlic powder
- 12 mixed olives
- 1 yellow pepper (or red)
- 1 closed cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large ripe tomato, sliced
- Some rocket
Sunflower seed cheese ingredients:
- 80g sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast
Preheat the oven to 200C (400F).
Evenly spread 1 1/2 – 2 tbsp on your pizza base. Also drizzle some olive, a little bit of salt, garlic powder and oregano on it.
Then making the sunflower seed cheese. Put all ingredients into a powerful smoothie blender (if yours isn't very powerful you might have to soak the sunflower seeds for a few hours beforehand and then use less water). Blend until you get a smooth paste.
Spoon the sunflower seed cheese paste on your pizza base on top of the tomato sauce layer. Then slice up 2 closed cup mushrooms and 1 large ripe tomato, some pepper, and the olives and also put them on your pizza.
Drizzle a little bit more oil over it and a dash of sea salt.
Put in the oven for 10 minutes. Enjoy!
Serve with some rocket on top and a nice mixed salad.
And if you liked this pizza why not try my other vegan aubergine pizza with cashew cheese. Find the recipe here.
More Easy Vegan Mains recipes