and receive exclusive recipes and my latest vegan dishes and news.
Comforting refried beans soup
INGREDIENTS (3 portions):
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp paprika powder
- 1 tin of refried beans
- 2 carrots
- 1 red pepper
- 400g pack of chopped tomatoes (or from a tin)
- 500ml water (possibly a bit more, you'll know once you're cooking
- 1 large red pepper
- 1 veggie stock cube
- 1 heaped tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp Tabasco
- a few pickled jalapeño peppers
- 1 tbsp of soy yoghurt per serving
Finely chop up an onion, one large red pepper and sauté in a pan until with a bit of oil the onion browns. Then add all other ingredients and cook for about 20 minutes. That easy!
Finally serve the soup with a topping of soy yoghurt and some jalapeño peppers on top.
And if you love bright soups with great flavours also try my butternut squash and orange soup.
More Vegan Soups, Starters & Sandwiches recipes