Comforting refried beans soup
INGREDIENTS (3 portions):
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp paprika powder
- 1 tin of refried beans
- 2 carrots
- 1 red pepper
- 400g pack of chopped tomatoes (or from a tin)
- 500ml water (possibly a bit more, you'll know once you're cooking
- 1 large red pepper
- 1 veggie stock cube
- 1 heaped tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp Tabasco
- a few pickled jalapeño peppers
- 1 tbsp of soy yoghurt per serving
Finely chop up an onion, one large red pepper and sauté in a pan until with a bit of oil the onion browns. Then add all other ingredients and cook for about 20 minutes. That easy!
Finally serve the soup with a topping of soy yoghurt and some jalapeño peppers on top.
And if you love bright soups with great flavours also try my butternut squash and orange soup.
More Soups, Starters & Sandwiches